10 2016 u Masarykovo Nádraží ve městě Prague.
Filip will meet you at Masarykovo nádraží train station (inside, by the platforms; look for the big blue departures board) at 9.15 am to take the 9.25 am train to Milovice. You’ll need about 40 CZK on top of your Opencard, as you’ll be traveling out of Prague. Tickets can be bought at the train station (with a group discount) or on the train from a conductor. I’ll join you on the train.
The trail (https://mapy.cz/s/z5Zp) is very undemanding, mostly on paved paths of varying quality, but there will also be some dirt and some gravel.
We’ll walk 17 km, and I expect us to be done around 3.30 pm. We’ll then have a late lunch at U Bohuslavů (http://www.ubohuslavu.cz/restaurace). They mostly offer meaty food, including burgers (hi, Robert!), and some vegetarian dishes as well, although the selection of the latter is rather limited.
• For all the public transportation fans out there: a 45-minute train ride, yay! 😉
• WWI military cemetery where over 6000 (mostly Italian) POWs are buried. It’s closed on Sundays, but we can still take a peek through the fence.
• Former château in Lysá nad Labem, now an old people’s home. One of the statues in the park looks so much like the Russian president, it’s disturbing.
• The remains of a baroque hermitage dedicated to Saint Wenceslas. All that’s left now is a tiny chapel and two winged statues of bored-looking women.
• Our old friends, the hungry ducks. Some of you have met them already.
• Lunch, the ultimate highlight.
GETTING BACK TO PRAGUE
Trains leave from Čelákovice to Masarykovo nádraží every 30 minutes at .12 and .42. Tickets are 24 CZK + Opencard. If you grow tired of us sooner, you can hop on a train in Lysá nad Labem.
The contributions policy applies. I’ll collect 50 CZK from each of you, excluding those who have organized at least one Discovering Prague meetup in the past. And, since April 10th is International sibling day, all siblings count as one person! 🙂 It’s also Cinnamon crescent day (Cristina, did you know?).
So bring your siblings and/or cinnamon crescent rolls, but most importantly, bring yourself and join us this Sunday. See you there!